Instagram API Access
Instagram plugins use the special API that requires authentication – specific requests made on behalf of a user. This procedure will be realized only with the help of Instagram Access Token. Thus, this article, courtesy of elfsight.com, will explain to you the purpose of Token and how you can get it. Let’s go!
What is Instagram Access Token – Brief Description
Authenticated requests need Instagram Access token. Access Token is an opaque string that identifies a user, app, or page. It can be used by the app to make graph API calls and is unique to each user.Instagram Access Token is essential for the usage of most Instagram based apps.
Step-by-Step Guide for Getting Instagram Access Token
You have to complete the following 3 simple steps to get Instagram Access Token:
- Sign in Instagram as a developer
- Register a new Client ID
- Get Instagram Access Token using Client ID and Client SecretWe have prepared the detailed video and text instructions describing the process of connecting to Instagram API.
1. Sign in Instargam as a developer
Visit the Instagram Developer Page
Before getting your Access Token you have to register as a developer in Instagram and to receive Client ID and Client Secret. That’s why you should follow the link to the Instagram developer web page.
Log in Instagram
To get a Client ID and Client Secret you need to be registered in Instagram. Create an account or log in using the existing account to pass on to the next step.
Fill in the Developer Signup
Instagram demands to be registered as a developer from everyone, who wants to display Instagram feed on his website. After you log in Instagram the next window will appear.
Check all the fields on the web page:
- your website – the URL of your website
- phone number – any phone number
- what do you want to build with API – any short description
After this signup, the Instagram Developer Documentation will appear. There you will see greetings and the following overview.
Now, as a developer, you can register your application. To do that click on the link marked above. Instagram will notify you that at the moment you don’t have any apps and will offer you to create a new one.
The next step is to authorize your new application and new client.
2. Register a New Client ID
The next page has 4 obligatory fields for filling so be attentive!
Check the fields on the web page:
- application name – choose any appropriate name, which fits Instagram requirements
- description – any short description
- website URL – has to be https://elfsight.com/service/generate-instagram-access-token/
- valid redirect URIs – have to be https://elfsight.com/service/generate-instagram-access-token/ (note that you should set the link exactly to our service)
Now confirm your data and proceed to the next page. Here you can see received Instagram Client ID and Client Secret.
Note that if you are going to work with square photos on your website then turn on the non-square media option. Just edit your client and find “Migrations” section. Don’t forget to click “Update Plugin” so that changes will take effect.
3. Get Instagram Access Token using Client ID and Client Secret
Сopy your all-new Instagram Client ID and Client Secret and paste here.
We created this page so that you will be able to get your Instagram Access Token in the fastest way. Note that Instagram will request your authorization as a sandbox user. That’s why click “Authorize” on the next page in order to complete the task.
Copy the Generated Access Token
Congratulations! You’ve achieved the task and get your Instagram Access Token.
You’ve received your Access Token
Was this answer helpful?
There are a few ways to include social networking icons:1) You can manage your social networks...
Find Instagram Location ID Login Instagram and search for desired location e.g. Paris. Click...