The Site Manager supports multiple administrative users, each with their own set of permissions and areas of access. The management of users can be understood in relation to the following topics:
New and existing users may be managed by the main administrator from the user menu in the top-right of the Site Manager. Each user has their own set of login credentials: an email address, which serves as their username, and a password. Users may log in to the Site Manager from the same login URL as the administrator. Users who forget their passwords may request that an automated password reset link be sent to their email address.
- To create or manage users, the administrator may go to the User Menu > Manage Users.
- To manage one's own user settings, go to the User Menu > My Account.
Activity is logged for each user and may be reviewed both by the individual user as well as by the administrator via the Activity Log. Only the administrator will be able to view the activity of other users.
- To access the activity log, go to the User Menu > Activity Log.
Automated email notifications can be sent to the administrator for all users or specific users when the following occurs:
- a user logs in
- a user logs out (a full report of all activity is emailed to the administrator)
- a user changes their password
- a user attempts to access a feature for which they don't have permission
- a user fails to complete an action
- an IP address is blocked by the Site Manager's firewall
Notifications for all users can be managed under the administrator's user settings. User-specific notifications can be set under each user's settings.
The Site Manager maintains its own firewall for user logins. When a user fails to log in successfully too many times within a given time period, their IP address will be blocked from attempting another login for a short time period. However, they will still have access to the website during this time.
The server also maintains a more robust firewall, which can deny a user access to both the Site Manager as well as the website, should a security protocol be violated. If blocked by the server firewall please contact support to have the server firewall's block removed. Please provide the IP address of the blocked device. This can be found by accessing the following link from the blocked device: https://ip.orthodoxws.com.